Skin is always in....

Skin Care is extremely important.  Care should begin very early (like birth) and maintained throughout your life.  As a 44-year-old woman, I have always paid attention to the health of my skin and have passed it on to my daughter.  Soft beautiful skin is a must have and MOISTURIZING in the key.  

That is your first step.  Ash on skin and dryness not is a NOT and please understand - this applies to ALL hues.  Not cute... 

As I mentioned, my daughter has always had a skin care regimen. This has included Johnson and Johnson baby lotion, Aveeno, Mustela Hydra Bebe, Kiehl's for children and as she has grown. 




She is now a teenager and has used Nars Luminous Moisture Cream, Josie Maran Argan Oil.












Yes this is serious business in our home. 

 Ok - I am not going to go through all of the products that I have used to date as that would be a long read.....so let's talk about my current favs and nots..

My skin facts: I have sensitive to combination skin.  Although I have certainly made efforts to nourish my skin, that does not mean that I do not have issues.  My skin care issues are not severe (thank God) but they are annoyances to me.  We (my daughter and I) have a dermatologist and I have had one for many many years.  Now I seem to have found the most extroverted Dermatologists in Westchester County, NY.  Both always greet me by saying, "what are you doing here?"- "you have beautiful skin".  My response, is "I can imagine that you have patients with more severe needs, but my concerns are mine and it is better to be proactive and quite honestly, I pay you....".

I sometimes have breakouts that can be caused by heat rash, a product, the elements etc. I even get what I call a "Pageant Tattoo" which is an eczema outbreak on my ring finger that turns bright red when my daughter is competing and have noticed it when I am super stressed at work....

Here are the products that I am currently using and have been using for years:

La Mer, Dermatologica, Trish McEvoy, Dr. Jart, Caudile, and Adore


Please note, that I will use multiple product from skin care lines based upon the condition of my skin and what works well for me.  
It is about trial and error.
I am in a quest for a cleanser that will give me the deepest cleanse, yet sensitive.  I can't stand when I have washed my face and then go to apply the toner and there is residual makeup on the cotton square.







My go to products are La Mer and  Dermaologica (I have asterisked my personal favs)
*Cleanser $85
*Moisturizing Cream $170-320
Brightener $90
Oil Cleanser $85
 *Toner $85

La Mer is high-end but I have definitely seen my ROI (return on investment).


Dermalogica is a great product and it is cost effective 
*Toner $42
Cleanser $37
*Super Vitamin$68


Cleanser $37
Smoothing Cream$62
Heat refining scrub $42
Super Rich Repair M$62
Rose Arctica Lightweight Cream $60



Kiehl's is a great product and it is inexpensive






Vitamin C Cream$75.50
The jury is out on the Trish McEvoy product... It does give a tingling sensation.
Adore Organic Eye Serum $595






This is super expensive but it works! 





Let me be clear, when I say “skin care”, I am referencing my entire body.  We use Neutrogena Sesame Oil and Organic Coconut Oil.

Used on all skin
Body Moisturizer
 Be good to your skin and your skin will be go to you!!


3 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info ..My skin gets extremely dry out here due to the extreme heat...I need something that's withstanding...what do you use for sunblockage.,what's your recommendation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the moisturizers listed have a version with SPF. My issues with SPF is that it leaves a white film residue. We have just purchased Kiehl's Super Fuid Defense and add it to our moisturizer. There is no film.

    ReplyDelete